Friday, May 8, 2009

He's At It Again!

I walked out to the kitchen table this morning to find this:
More plumerias! I adore my husband. (We bought these bottles for me to try some glass etching. Any suggestions for what I should put on them?)
Our exciting news... no, I'm not pregnant... WE FINALLY GOT CURTAINS! I can sense some of you cringing as you think about the months we have spent curtain-less. We tried to just use what we had -- there's always something more demanding for your money to go towards -- so a black sheet hammered to the wall has been our former handiwork. But, we finally took the plunge.
A sheer layer, so we don't feel like we're in a cave, but some of the heat gets blocked, plus a heavier layer for privacy when we need it.

This is what spurred it: bamboo. We saw these, thought they looked really cool, then my amazing husband had a stroke of genius, and suggested we use them as curtain rods. Brilliant!



Now we're on a home improvement kick. The paint job in our apartment is AWFUL, so we're considering that... or flooring. We really hate to spend the money on it, since this isn't technically our home, and the fruits of our labors will be left for our landlord to enjoy. But, after seeing the difference a few homey touches can make, the wheels in our head are beginning to turn...

*Dave just called me from work and told me that he just got off the phone with the landlord -- who agreed to pay for paint! Ahh! :) *