Thursday, May 28, 2009

Favorite Quotes

Okay, that last one was a little heavy, and I haven't done this in a while, so here are some of my favorite quotes. (Most of these are from movies... no one's said anything funny lately.)

"Ahh, landlord, you're a sinner! Between your lungs there's neither heart nor spirit, but the lump of your own swallowed money bag!" "He'll never get over that one, Joe!" (from 'Far & Away')

"Sometimes I wonder if we ever give God a headache." -? (Saw it on a stamp.)

(When Sean asks for directions...) "Well you see that road over there?" "Yeah." "Well don't take it. It'll do ya no good." (from 'The Quiet Man')

"Surely you can't be serious!" "I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." (-Airplane)

"If there's one thing I can't stand about you, Higgins, it's your confounded complacency. At a time like this, with so much at stake, it's utterly indecent that you don't need a glass of port." -Col. Pickering from 'My Fair Lady'


(When disputing about taking in Eliza...) Mrs. Pierce:"What's to become of her?" Prof. Higgins: "What's to become of her if we leave her in the gutter, tell me that." "That's her own business." "Well, when I'm through with her, we can throw her back in the gutter, and it'll be her own business again."