Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Loves of My Life

Okay, okay, I'll get the mushy stuff out of the way: I love Dave. We've both come a long way together, and he's been a trooper.

Secondly, I want to know where this has been all my life - Carmex Moisture Plus!



I'm a Carmex junkie, but the taste... well... bites. Also, I'm not a fan of the "gunkiness" of the squeeze tubes, especially when they get hot, like when you A) leave it in your car, B) carry it in your jeans pocket, or C) live in Hawaii - none of which I do, right? When Dave came back from his Iowa trip, he had so sweetly stocked up on lip stuff at a sale, and one of the products was the Carmex Moisture Plus. Taste - sweet vanilla-ey. Applicator - genius. (Who'da thunk to put a lip product in a lipstick-like tube???) Finish - super smooth and non-gunky. I give it an A+. LOVE IT!


(He also brought me a "click stick" of the new strawberry flavor! I thought their effort at a cherry flavor was noble, but I'm not a cherry anything fan. Love the strawberry stick!)


My next love needs no elaborate explanation - HOBBY LOBBY IS NOW ONLINE! As if this wasn't blessing enough... all orders over $25 get free shipping! That's right. I said it. Free. NO HAWAIIAN STRINGS ATTACHED. Big olllll' goose egg for shipping.


And my last love is a little sentimental - my brother.
Someone once asked me what my favorite toy was when I was little. After giving this a lot of thought, I realized that it was my big brother! (I know that sounds a little weird, but...) He never broke, he never got boring, I never got too big to play with him, and his batteries never came close to dying!
I absolutely adore my brother. He is the most charismatic, ambitious, gun-ho, energetic and outgoing person ever, and I've always dearly admired all those things about him. It's been SO hard to live here and not be able to see or talk to him very often, but it just makes it that much better when I do get a chance. I completely light up around my family, and that's especially true with Jacob, even if it's just a little message on Facebook.
So, shout out to my family, and Jacob and Bridget. I love you so very, very much!