Thursday, January 14, 2010

Funny Story...

The doctor prescribed a new medicine for me on Friday, and I first took it Saturday morning. I felt extremely light-headed every time I stood up, and I was exhausted! I was awake for maybe 4 out of 24 hours that day. Okay - new medicine, side effects, it happens, we'll see how the next day goes. Well, we start looking a little more closely at the prescription, and it doesn't appear to be the same name as what the doctor told us. Is it just the generic brand? If so, where's the correct name? It says it's prescribed for the right thing, so it must be right. Either way, I'm not feeling great, so I write an email to the doctor, asking him if there's anything I should do differently.


I was a little less tired, but slept through church the next day. Why was I feeling so tired? And it wasn't one of those "I-overslept-so-I'm-drowsy" kind of tired, either; it was a flat out exhausted kind of tired. BUT! The doctor won't be in until Tuesday, so, wait we shall.


Monday rolls around. I feel better than the day before, but still wiped out.


Tuesday rolls around, and I get a message on my phone from the doctor saying, "Uh, yeah, you said you were having side effects from (whatever it's called)? That's not what I prescribed. That's a terribly powerful drug that I don't work with... I'll try your husband's number."


So! Instead of my regular medication, I was given a MASSIVE TRANQUILIZER!
Probably Not The End