Soooo... I've actually been invited to two different places right now, but I'm at home... because I got sucked into this project! It in no way started out this involved, but I just rolled with it, and I'm very happy with the turnout!
We've been invited to a birthday party for a turning 2-year-old, Lauren. We were on our way to Target today, when the sirens of the Waialua Public Library sale seduced us... there's just no escaping them. We've agreed that books are very worth investing in for our kids someday, so we've got a nice little selection started. Anyway, as I was browsing, I saw a Cinderella book, and it occurred to me that Lauren might like it. (Our invite had Disney princesses on it.) Part of her nap routine involves reading a book, and it's cool to see how much she loves them -- hearing them, interacting with windows and flaps, making the animal sounds, etc. I just LOVE how much she loves books, and so glad that her mom has made it a big part of her early learning.
Wow. I digress. Long story short, I came home and looked for something to put her books in, but didn't find much to work with. So... what's that saying? "Necessity is the mother of invention." This is what necessity does with a Costco box of Ritz:
All right. I admit it -- you caught me! That's the front of our invitation that I cut off and put on there. (Hey! If I hadn't, it just would have eventually made its way to the trash. It's a princess party! I had to have something princess on there!)
In a more thoughtful way than you care to know, Dave and I threaded the ribbon thingy through the box. The last time I babysat Lauren, she was on a purse kick. I thought if I made it purse-ish, maybe she'd play with it... get a little more use out of the box...
Once, Lauren and I went to a park where we found an alphabet on the playground, and she started singing her ABC's... in her own little almost-2-year-old jibberish.
No clue how she is with numbers...
Lovin' my Ritz box!

