Thursday, April 23, 2009

Two Fun Ideas...

Okay.

I hereby commit to offer the first five individuals to comment on this post a gift of my choosing; however, in order to post a comment, you have to first post this on your own blog and agree to do the same for another five people. You in turn have the opportunity to do likewise to this post and be the recipient of a fun homemade gift from me. There are, of course, some restrictions, because I am not Superwoman.

1. I make no guarantess that you will like what I make.

2. What I make will be just for you.

3. This thing will be completed some time this year.

4. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.

Remember the catch -- YOU MUST RE-POST THIS ON YOUR BLOG!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wanted to start something that I did a long time ago... can't remember where, maybe just my journal. Anyway, it made me pay closer attention to these kinds of things, and it was one of those Polyanna ironies: If you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it. I notice myself becoming more negative as of late, so I'm going to start this up again, and hopefully it will help me... and anyone else who needs it.

My 'Recent' Favorite Quotes/ Happenings (Actually, some of these are from a long time ago, but I still think they're hilarious.)

At the Abbott's Halloween party: "...I think you put a cupcake in my taco." -Olivert

(me) "You just think you're smooth as molasses, don't you?"
(Dave) "It's easy for molasses to be smooth when it's as hot as I am."
(me) ... ... ...
(Dave) "Oh yeah, I just said that."

I just talked to my mom about birth control. Time out -- She just INSISTED that I stop for family prayer. (-My single friend. I don't know if this will embarrass her, so I'll leave her name off, lol. Love ya, girl!)

(My very first conversation with this person, mind you. We were sitting next to each other in Sunday School, and a toddler [Brisco] was standing up on the pew in front of us, turned around and facing us. The child apparently had a cold at the time, and sneezed, when this friend leaned over, and ever so quietly said...) "...That child just coughed on me." -Rusty

Jordan and Lindsey calling each other 'winners' in Spanish, after an intense game of Catchphrase. (Part 2 of this will be them telling me how to spell it, so you can see what I'm talking about.)

(I'm sorry if this offends anyone. It's about bodily functions. You're officially warned... I was talking to my friend about flatulating in front of our spouses. She said something like this.) Well, [he] digests food poorly, and I'm pregnant, so farting for us is kind of like... breathing. (Again, I'll omit the name so nobody's embarrassed.)

:) I adore my friends. Thank you so much for brightening my day. Just know that I'm trying to be more observant of all the good things around me, so if a quote of yours winds up on here, take it as a compliment, because it made me smile. Also, if anyone's got something funny to contribute, feel free to leve me a comment!