Thursday, April 30, 2009

I See How It Is...

Fine! I can take a hint! Nobody wants anything homemade from me? I get it. :) I thought I'd wait a while before I posted anything new, just to give people a chance to see our last post... welp! That was fun. On to the next.
I think the biggest excitment for me is that we bought our tickets to visit Indiana in June! I'm so excited for this trip! One of my best friends ever is getting married, and -- if I can ever get my hands on the materials -- I'm really excited to make his wedding gift. And... it's Indiana. Hello? Family, friends, home! Also, this will be the first time Dave will go to church in my home ward! He's been to my hometown several times, but never on a Sunday. We also might take a day or two and drive around through southern Indiana. I had to go down that way for EFY's and temple trips, and it's gorgeous, especially in the fall. I know it sounds cheesy, but there are literally rolling hills, and when the leaves start changing colors, it's beautiful. *I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for the weather to stay nice for this trip. Dave has yet to see the sun shine in Indiana, lol.*

I'm still making stuff with my Cricut. I've taken some pictures, but I didn't realize how blurry some of them are. Sorry. This little guy, I actually made -- MADE, like, drew up the shapes for different papers on my computer and put it all together. I think he turned out okay, but I found pictures, like, an hour later that would've saved me the headache. *rolling my eyes* Go figure.
These are Mother's Day cards that I made. I tried to keep it simple -- no, I HAD to keep it simple, because I didn't have any other paper, lol. I'm excited to see what I can do now with more paper options.
So, I haven't actually mailed these yet, so Mom and Ruth, don't read these, lol.


Birthday festivities! I found this on the kitchen table when I woke up the day before my birthday. I have the sweetest husband.

These are the only pictures we took. Sorry! I'm still hoping that my friends will share some. This is the set-up we made in our backyard. I've NEVER been in such nice weather for my birthday! It was awesome!
Dave's mom said it best. When talking to her on the phone, I told her that Dave was being the grill master for my birthday. She said, "...preTENDing to be the grill master?" :)
And the heavens opened! The very next day, after all that beautiful sunshine on my big day, it POURED down raining for about an hour. Heavenly Father was making sure our BBQ went swimmingly. Thanks!


This just cracks me up. One of our neighbors has this dog, Max, that we just fell in love with. She has him chained up now, :( but beforehand, he would come running into our yard and play with us. We LOVED it! And as you can tell from this video, he was a fan of the attention, too. (It's sideways, by the way. Sorry. I don't know how to flip it.)