I do not know WHAT is going on with this stinkin' blog! UGH! I'm sorry it's all funky. I am WAY OVER this psycho formatting!
Yesterday, April 18th, the world was blessed to acknowledge the presence of,
well, ME, for 23 years! It was a lot of fun... but I forgot to take any
pictures! I'm sorry! A couple of our friends whipped out their cameras,
though,
so I'm hoping they'll post some pictures on their blogs soon
that I
can steal.
We spent most of our Saturday inside cleaning,
even though it
was a
BEAUTIFUL day outside! (It's funny to think
that
I've NEVER been in
such nice
weather on my birthday.) We had
friends
come over in the evening,
and we grilled
burgers and hot
dogs. (lol,
It's NOT so funny to think that
we're so bad about
inviting people over,
that in the nine months we've lived
here, that
was the
first time we've
had most of our friends over! Sorry
guys!
Don't take it
personally. We
just never think to invite people over!)
Anyway, the weather
stayed
nice, and despite a few mosquito bites,
it was
good.
Did I
mention that EVERYONE we invited had a child?
So, about
half the goup
went home
around the same time, because it
was bed/ dinner
time, and
there were lots of
fussy babies. Everyone
else that stayed later
just
sat around our house and
talked. A game
of Mad Gab was attempted, but
that didn't work, and a few people
peeled
off and watched a movie in our
bedroom. (It started off as a decoy for
one of the kids, and ended up
pulling in a few bigger kids.) It can be
hard to
get a word in edge-wise
with all this baby talk sometimes, but
it seemed like
everyone had
someone
to talk with.
Today, we
extended the celebration
with my
choice of a
birthday dinner --
Fettuccine Alfredo with Dave's infamous
fried chicken.
Yum! (I cheaped
out and just used macaroni that we had
around the
house.
It's weird
how all pastas are the same thing, but they
actually can
change
the
flavor of your meal.) Anyway, our friends came
by to pick up onions
they
forgot the night before (*ugh*), and they
ended up staying for our meal.
I
think we were all a little underwhelmed,
but you can't really go wrong
with
pasta and chicken.
And then, to
top it all off, we played
Euchre!
Didn't
expect that one to happen.
(Euchre, pronounced
YOU-kerr, is a huge
card game in
the midwest.) I
lost... because
Dave cheated... :) Nah, not
really... but I did
lose,
and he did
cheat... but I caught him and he fixed
it... and I still lost.
:( Well,
I guess you can't win 'em all, even on your
birthday!
Overall,
it was a really good birthday. My family *cough,
Mom,
cough* sent me
flowers,
and Dave gave me a lei. A couple of my friends
gave me really
cute cards and my
favorite candy bars! (Thanks Lindsey
and
Carissa!)
I have my Cricut, a tummy
full of macaroni Alfredo, my
favorite
candy bar and ice cold milk waiting in the
fridge, 'It's a
Wonderful
Life'
waiting in the DVD player, and a nice cool
breeze
blowing
through our house
on a warm, sunny Hawaiian day.
I am so
blessed! Thank you to
everyone for being my blessings!
Maja's learning log #5
8 years ago

