Monday, August 10, 2009

Material Girl Wish List

I have been feeling SO worldly lately! I don't know what it is, but I just want stuff! Exhibit A: This nifty green camera.http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11030254
  • Our other one is dying
  • It's green, not pink... much more 'me'
  • It's smaller/ sleeker, not big and clunky
  • It has a chargeable battery pack that'll last up to a month! Our current camera can suck batteries dry in minutes...AND it turns on in my purse very easily, so I have to keep the batteries out until I'm ready to use it. VERY inconvenient.
  • And Dave's big selling point -- it's waterproof, up to 10 feet down

Next up, vintage ANYTHING! I am completely ennammored with the 30's-50's. I love the movies, the music, hair, makeup, clothing, accessories, the way they talked, their manners, the lifestyles -- everything! I've decided to get all gussied up in 50's attire for Halloween :) I just love it! My biggest 'Material Girl' kick is mostly for the clothes and accessories. Women really knew how to dress back then. The silhouettes and cuts were so flattering and glamorous. I just think it's such a romantic era.

http://www.katharinehepburntheater.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/kate-black-dress.jpg

Okay, for this next one, I won't attempt to explain what it is. Just know that it's a nifty little craft thinga-ma-jig that would be cool to have for cards and stuff. It's called a Crop-a-dile Big Bite.


http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10310770


Of course, I want more craft stuff, especially cardstock. I've just been buying variety packs of it from Wal-Mart... now I know why die-hard paper crafters don't do that lol. You use up all the colors you love, then you're left with... colors you don't love, and don't want to use.

And while I'm at it, I may as well mention a house. :) Dave and I are itchin' to get into a house! We walk around places like Home Depot and City Mill, and just have a million ideas of fun things to do. We'd love to try our hand at a lot of different projects, and I'd love to just have more stuff... like floors and walls with no holes lol.

And on a less depressing note, I'll round off today's wish list with a bread machine. We looooove homemade bread. We would probably go through at LEAST a whole loaf every day. It makes such a great, simple snack that you can jazz up with any meal, any flavor, for any mood. Could you imagine just getting this all set up on a rainy Sunday, pushing a couple buttons, then coming home from church to the smell of delicious, warm bread? *sniiiiiiiiif* Ahhhh...