Friday, February 19, 2010

The Big Kahuna

In the life of a paper crafter, there are a few things you can never have enough of - paper, pictures, patterned paper, room to craft, plain paper, organizational items, paper, etc. One of those must-have's is adhesive. A while ago, I heard about something called an ATG gun:
Now let me break it down for you. The adhesive I have been using, I got from Wal-Mart... just your ordinary kind, nothing special. I'd heard a lot of buzz about the ATG gun, and decided to do a little research. Let me enlighten you as to my findings.
Cost of adhesive refills: WM - $5.17 / ATG Gun - $3.39
Amount of adhesive ON the refills: WM - 11.3 yards / ATG Gun - 36 yards
No, that's not a typo. I have been paying $1.78 MORE for TWENTY-FOUR POINT SEVEN YAAAARRRRRRRDS LESS with the Wal-Mart stuff.
I'll save you the headache of the drama we've gone through with ordering, shipping, backordering, cancellations, etc. Thanks to Dave's AMAZING co-worker Farrah, I got my ATG gun today!
lol, Now I'll show you what it looks like... why it's taken me so long to be convinced of it's glory... why I laughed and mocked and scorned those who've been seduced by its appeal...
It's gy-NORM-ous lol! That little guy next to it is the size of a regular adhesive dispenser, one about the size of the palm of your hand. It's about nine inches big - SO HUGE! I thought you had to be die-hard, hard core to own one of those suckers! But now I think you just have to be smart. :)
And the best part is, when Dave ordered it, they didn't have the normal 36-yard rolls... all they had were 60-yard rolls, and they only came in cases of six lol! My point? I am now a die-hard, hard core paper crafter with a hunka hunka burnin' ATG gun, who looks a little goofy with such a big gizmo, but is saving a looooooot of money.
Ready, aim, fire!