Saturday, October 31, 2009

Long-Awaited Update

Okay. I'm tired of looking at that green camera.

I'm back in Hawaii. It's nice to come back to warm weather. It was getting COLD on the mainland, frost and all! But it was nice to see seasons changing again, and all the pretty fall colors and leaves. And it was nice to have every store nearby lol. No ordering online. It's all there.

Dave and I are doing all right. We've come quite a way, but we've got a long road of changes and rebuilding ahead. It has been most interesting to see the "true colors" of some people during this whole ordeal. Some have quietly supported, letting us know they were there for us, but gave us space. Some have told us what we/ one of us should be doing. Some have chosen one of us to pinpoint with all the blame for every problem, insisting that the other was perfect all along. Some have insisted that there are two sides to every story, and that we should give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Some have nib-nosed. Some have ignored. Quite the interesting mixture.

I would like to give a special thanks to my parents. I really wish that everyone had parents like mine, and that I will someday be as Christ-like as they have been. First of all, their busy lives were thrown out-of-whack to have me come stay with them, but they didn't fuss. They made themselves and everything they had available to me. And I was very impressed and humbled to see what good examples they are of Chrsit-like love. They are the only people who have been told both sides of the real story, with all its gory details, and they have treated nobody any differently. I was most especially moved by my dad going out of his way to keep in touch with Dave, and to start and end his conversations by saying, "No matter what, I love you." And since I've been back, both my parents have made sure to check up on both of us - appropriately - and make sure we're okay, and give us advice or encouragement as we need it. Thank you so very, very much. It has meant the world to both of us.

I think it's strange how I feel closer to my parents and siblings because of such a sad situation. But, it makes me proud of the kind of people they are. It reminded me that I'm part of that group. I'm part of that family that's playful, outgoing, loving, loyal to family, constantly trying to improve. That's who I am, that's who I haven't been, and that's who I want to be again. I've kept issues quiet out of saving face, and it's made me reclusive. But that's just not me. I still find discretion honorable and admirable, and plan to be so. But I don't plan on letting circumstances and people walk on me anymore. Some things are just not acceptable, and shouldn't be allowed to happen. Even the Savior had to stand up for things sometime.